Re: BHP 0-6-0 loco at Dorrigo

There is indeed confusion over the identity of our loco. Both Badger and
Bantam were built by AIS at the same time and so were identical in detail.
Until somebody can prove different, we are calling the loco Badger.

One similar rumour I can definitely put to rest is about the J&A Brown
Kitson 0-6-0 locos swapping identity. Despite being nominally the same
standard Kitson design, No 4 was built some years before No 3, and in that
time the design evolved, so that the parts were not interchangeable. I have
been under our loco looking for builders numbers and have found about a
dozen (Kitson did not stamp builders numbers on the frame). We definitely
have No 3.

The purchase price for Badger was $3400. I do not know what the ultimate
source of the 'on loan' story. It may have been an option discussed at the
time.

<<I'm not trying to catch anybody out, but does anybody know the story
behind this loco.>>

Always pleased to try and answer questions!

Trevor