Re: Tassie Garret & Penndennis Castle

I see you are still going on with this crap.

"chris@enet21.com.au" wrote:

> Yes, I quoted this example  to when writing to a  number of people and
> groups  about the Penndennis Castle,
> The response  was "we didn't know that" and "we will investigate it further"

Another way of saying thanks but no thanks.

> Maybe when claimed  by some people on this newsgroup that it was offered to
> other groups in Australia Rio did not speak to the right people.(at govt
> level).

What is the point you are making here? It was offered to at least 2 groups who
declined it. Can't you accept that.

> Hopefully a sudden rush of enquiries from these people may cause Rio to
> think that something is going on.

It will be back at Didcott to meet up with Flying Scottsman in May so I think
you are just wasting you time here. A rush of enquiries, so what, how is that
going to stop it leaving? It has been formally given to the GWS, all that need
to be done now is delivered. They are raising 80,000 pounds as I write this to
cover transport costs.

> Anybody  critical of the number of locomotives in parks  or rusting in
> museums should write to the relevent government people. If  100 of you wrote
> asking  for more funding for the NSWTM or a similar group  you might achieve
> something.

Another joke from you right? How much lobbying for funding have you done in the
past?? I can tell you that steam trains don't get much money , then again if
it's not Olympic Games related, nothing much else does either.

Bob