Re: N class (was H220 was surviving R class etc)

> Dear oh Dear oh Dear oh!!! The youth of today would not know what a
decent
> loco was even if was able to turn around and bite them on the bum!
WOW!
unfortunately I was born at the age when AL class started to take over
those wonderful GMs, missed out steam loco completely

 > I may be considered to be rambling but I'm afraid if I was a young
rail
> enthusiast today there is nothing much to be enthused about in the
modern
> motive power.
There still plenty to be enthuses with modern trains:
the power, the speed(a car running at 110kph is just not the same as a
train running at 110 kph), luxury, cool looking(Tilt train) and its
friendlyness to the environment.

By the way any chance of seeing these wonderful N class in motion today?
any preservation society owns them??  I really want to see what a
locomotive with soul is like??
--
Cheers

James