Re: 422's to Broken Hill

> It's _usually_ the rear power car providing hep, a practice inherited from
> British Rail. The reason was to ensure that the rear power car wasn't
> pushing harder than the front one was pulling.
>
> Cheers
> David
Ha Ha Ha He He He...Good one David!
Comenge Sparks also retard the rear motor to ensure it does not catch the
front...they run it in reverse!

Here's another one for you mate. I found out the other day why the yellow
stripes extend so far back on Freight Victoria T's and X's.[noses] it's for
streamlining!   They help to save heaps of Diesel !
Rod ;o)
--
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/
Foundation President and Co-Founder