Rail travel

Hi there to all of you ,

I would like to get you opinion on part of a change to our trip that has
been suggested by the agent. They have said that it would an option to do a
train trip from Melbourne to Sydney and then from Sydney to Brisbane After
staying over in Sydney.

Taking into account that we are not planning to settle in Sydney , would the
train trip be of interest in seeing part of the country (especially for the
Kids - 11 and 5). Both trips would be day trips. Would there be a number of
towns the train passes through or would it be uninteresting countryside (no
disrespect intended but considering we are a family on a 2 week trip with
limited time).

Using the plane we would:
1. arrive in Brisbane at 1.00pm on 24/03/2000.(and have 7 days in Brisbane)

Using the train we would
1. Arrive in Brisbane at 9.55pm on 26/03/2000 (sleeping 2 nights in Sydney)
this would be a day trip to Brisbane (and we would have 5 days in Brisbane)

 OR

2. Arrive at 5.00am on 26/03/2000 (sleeping 1 night in Sydney - But this
would mean an over night trip from Sydney to Brisbane. (I.e. seeing nothing
on the train)  (and we would have 6 days in Brisbane)

I would appreciate your opinion on this ASAP as we have to get back to the
travel agent.

Thanks everyone

Mark Ray