Re: "Malcolm Moore" [Was: Sugar loco "Bundy" to steam north]

"Stumpy" appears to be a recent name, but it is a Malcolm Moore as you
remember. I am sure Mossman had two Malcolm Moores but I don't seem to be
able to confirm this now. I thought there were two Malcolm Moores at the
mill when I visited over the years between 1968 and 1975.
There were two Bundaberg Fowler 0-6-2T's used for the Ballyhooley tourist
train venture. The first was purchased from Qunaba Mill and was B/n 6 of
1952. This loco was built new for Millaquin Mill. It was named "Ballyhooley"
at Mossman. The second steam loco Mossman got for the Ballhooley project was
a Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 formerly "Sydney" at CSR Victoria Mill. This loco
was named "Ballyhooley Too" and then they purchased their second Bundaberg
Fowler (B/n 2 of 1952) being named "Ballyhooley Bundy" as detailed in my

David Mewes

885h1n$uqc$2@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au">news:885h1n$uqc$2@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au...