Re: Sydney Cityrail Bell Ringing

I saw a V-set car the other day (that same 1800 Central-Lithgow service)
that has a vigilance control (much the same as locos and XPT) that works in
conjunction with the dead man's handle and a new foot treadle.

If the vigilance button is not depressed in time (preceded by the old
flashing button and dash light) then the bell gives a warning of
ding.......ding.......ding........ before initiating an emergency brake
application.

Whether this is what you heard I not though I cannot say considering the
train you mention was stationary.

Chris

uuPo4.23544$3b6.97812@ozemail.com.au">news:uuPo4.23544$3b6.97812@ozemail.com.au...