Re: [ont] Just the right software! (DVA)(was Railwavs website)

> As a Visual Basic programmer I am working on a windows version called
"MVA"
> or "MDVA".

Oh No! not competition??!!!   :-|

> Since I have not released it yet, I haven't yet needed permission to
release
> wav files with my program.
>
> I have already got the infrastructure for queueing sounds, and am working
on
> a system so that there can be timed announcements... Is there any way to
get
> GOOD quality CityRail sounds? Every sound in your program is different..
> it's like the guy is drunk. :) But I guess that happens when you can't
> record all the sounds at the same place. Has anyone ever thought of
"asking"
> a CRDude for the sounds?
> How did you get 11:45... 45 is not in the compilation :)

<chuckle>Oops. I'm working on and testing v2.04 now, and in that one it is
part of it!!</chuckle>

> I suggest you make a changeable index file, for the sounds, so we can
record
> and add our own creations. Eg.

I've tried that already, but have had no end of problems with QuickBasic
understanding the file! I'll try to write one like that as a beta.