Re: [ont] Just the right software! (DVA)(was Railwavs website)

As a Visual Basic programmer I am working on a windows version called "MVA"
or "MDVA".

Since I have not released it yet, I haven't yet needed permission to release
wav files with my program.

I have already got the infrastructure for queueing sounds, and am working on
a system so that there can be timed announcements... Is there any way to get
GOOD quality CityRail sounds? Every sound in your program is different..
it's like the guy is drunk. :) But I guess that happens when you can't
record all the sounds at the same place. Has anyone ever thought of "asking"
a CRDude for the sounds?

| "(ding, ding, ding) Good morning ladies and gentlemen on platform number
2.
| Countrylink welcomes passengers for the 11:45 Canberra Xplorer. This train
| conveys booked seat passengers for Campbelltown, then Mossvale, Bundanoon,
| Bungendore, Tarrago, Queanbeyan then Canberra. Change at Moss Vale for
| train services to Melbourne."

How did you get 11:45... 45 is not in the compilation :)

One suggestion:

I suggest you make a changeable index file, for the sounds, so we can record
and add our own creations. Eg.

Central = xxxxxx.wad
Emu Plains = xxxxx.wad

This means users can change the stuff around, add our own recordings (to the
ones you are missing, or add an alias for a station, eg "home = xxxxx.wad").

mitchdundee@removethisbecauseidontwanttobespammed.hotmail.com