Re: slr and historical trams

I recall in Melbourne a few years back, that whever a driver of a
trolley-pole tram went onto or came off a branch line at some points (as
opposed to a main line), he would have to stop, and then wave the trolley
around in the air, searching for the wire. This was not necessary on main
lines, as the wire was continuous. Normal pantograph trams had no problems,
they could run straight through points.

<<<snip>>>
> And there is the problem of fitting them with pantographs,
> or ensuring the overhead can cope with trolleypoles. Anyone know about
the
> latter - points would be the main problem. But they've done it in
Melbourne!