Re: ? for Trainman re SL15/16 last weekend - Was: G7 up to 160 km/h

james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote in message <87ugkb$9ts$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>> Also , why is it necessary for the train to run all the way from
>Sydney.?
>> Since it follows the XPT on the down and preceedes it on the up
>surely it
>> would make far more sense to simply run the train from Junee to
>Griffith and
>> back with a connection with the XPT in both directions.

>Slower running time makes it necesssary to departs early and follow
>XPT. Best to make it stop at smaller stations between Junee and Sydney
>and let XPT stop less stations

You would not be able to do that as long as SL16 only runs once weekly. If
it was daily (in the form of an Xploder) then yes, you would be able to run
the XPT to stop at Moss Vale, Yass, and Harden if required to cater for paxs
beyond Junee - would not really save a lot of time though, eliminating 4
stops from the timetable.

>> Of course logic wont come into it .
>I prefer a DMU like Xplorer to give faster journey.

True - it could leave SYdney as a combined service with SP21 1143 Canberra
service.

Dave