Re: ? for Trainman re SL15/16 last weekend - Was: G7 up to 160 km/h

> On average,how many cars does the griffith pass have.?
2 passenger cars and 1 power car gives altogether 3 carriages, during
school holiday you might be "lucky" to see 1 extra passenger carriage.

>This train must rate as one of the greatest loss makers that
>Countrylink run.
> A 2000 HP loco to haul at the most 150 tonnes, (13 HP/tonne) .
I guess not as much as Broken Hill service

> Also , why is it necessary for the train to run all the way from
Sydney.?
> Since it follows the XPT on the down and preceedes it on the up
surely it
> would make far more sense to simply run the train from Junee to
Griffith and
> back with a connection with the XPT in both directions.
Slower running time makes it necesssary to departs early and follow
XPT. Best to make it stop at smaller stations between Junee and Sydney
and let XPT stop less stations

> Obvious answer is simply to sub contract Austrac or even Freight
>Victoria to
> provide a loco from Junee to Griffith and back again.
hmmm FV's green color G class or X class plus tuscan carriages and a
sliver color powervan....ugh!

> Of course logic wont come into it .
I prefer a DMU like Xplorer to give faster journey.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/