Re: 422s to Broken Hill

In article <87su6b$lbk$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> writes:
>From: "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au>
>Subject: Re: 422s to Broken Hill
>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:42:36 +1100

>Derek Rogers wrote in message ...
>>David
>>Yes, as per the 422 class Snapshot article in the latest Railway Digest,
>the
>>Broken Hill train has been worked by 42203/42220 since the 18 Jan initially
>>at least on a trial basis. And last week's service was definitely worked by
>>the pair to and from the Broken Hill.

>How do they work the locos? Shut down one at a time and leave them as they
>are, or do they remarshall them in the middle of nowhere?

>Dave

Where are 422s able to be refueled.
As I understand it , the 422 works the train from Orange to BH .
Orange to BH is easily within the fuel range of a single 422 with the sort of
load that the BH pass is .
Sydney to BH would not be possible with a single 422.
Its more likely that 2 X 422s are used in case of breakdown.

MD