Re: Tassie Garratt, Penn Castle & Tassie M Pacific

Ed wrote:

> Now if the topic was shifted to Tasmanian Pacific M3 (I think) that was
> shipped to England approx. 1990, my views change somewhat.  Here is an
> engine that should have remained in Australia, IMHO.  Perfect for operation
> on any 3' 6" tourist line.  On the other hand, we still have at least 2 of
> these sitting in parks in Tasmania, not to mention a couple of H class
> engines...

If there isn't anything special about M3 and there are other M class locos in
Parks as well as the number of them already running then I don't have a problem
with sending  M3 back to the UK. The main reason why I would like to see the
Pendennis Castle sent back is the fact we already have too many of our own locos
to look after without having to maintain a foreign loco. The Pendennis Castle is
also a famous member of the class. What would we think if the UK had 3801? This
is one of our most famous locomotives.

Where is M3 now and what are they doing with it?

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au