Re: (NSW) How good are our trains?

chris@enet21.com.au wrote in message <38A13275.804B0F1C@enet21.com.au>...
>Singapore fares are roughly the same as ours but they get air conditioned
>underground platforms. Any plans for ours?

There system (MRT) is also a hell of a lot newer than our system, and their
population is a lot denser (in terms of population density, not in brain
skills!) There are other factors at play in SIN, such as the restricted
traffic in the inner city area, and the relatively small land mass of the
country - all of which contributes to much higher ridership. This is evident
from the design of the trains - not much seating and heaps of standing room.

Dave