Re: Trees and golf links spared

A letter in todays' Daily Telegraph expressed concern about the impact of
the Parramatta Chatswood rail line, on the Parramatta area.
"I am concerned about the large amount of land at Parramatta affected by the
constructions of the Parramatta-Chatswood railway line link.
I undertsnad the lure of using public ;and, but I suspect developered ( and
certainly not economis rationalists who choose to ignore factord too
difficult to cost in hteir economic equations) aren't able to fully value
the worthe of such space to the public.
The continual decline of public land in a region of expanding population and
growth seems to be so extraordinary that I wonder if the location has been
seriously considered, or if the easy option was followed without any
thought.
I think the railway link is a great idea. The difficulty is how to achieve
the link with minimal disruption to our environment and heritage. If it
costs more because alternative routes are more expensive, then maybe that is
the price to pay for the project.
We simply cannot afford to deny ourselves, and more importnatly, future
generations the public space they need and deserve.
Pieter Buining, North Parramatta"