Re: [VIC] Gippsland Rail Fanning

Hi Steven
They seem to go through Nilma - Warragul fairly regularly around 2030ish on
the up,so I would say that its a cut lunch and compass job further down the
line.
Go early in the morning and make a long day of it.
Look forward to seeing photos of the trip
Included is a posting to Aus loco from Michael Bray
Aus loco discussion mailing list

"Having all this week off work, it has allowed me see some of the trains I
don't normally see. This week has seen quite a few quad combos operate,
possibly the most interesting was the up log train last night (3/2) with a
P-P-T-T combo around 23.00. One block section behind this was the up Morwell
freight with A??-X47.  On Wednesday (2/2) the down paper train passed with
A85-X47-P20-X52 just after 15.00. That night X52-P20 combined with the up
log train with the two T's to form a quad back to Melbourne, while A85 and
X47 returned on the up Morwell freight.

Generally the following freight trains operate on the Traralgon line and
their rough times past Murrumbeena.
00.00 down cement train to Lyndhurst usually with double locos from T, P or
H classes.
01.30 return of the cement train.
03.00 up Paper train. Usually with a A-P or X-P combo.
05.30 down pioneer train to Westall with G543. This train dose not operate
every day, but can run on any day of the week.
09.00 up empty Pioneer train.
15.00 down empty paper train with any type of combo from a single A to a
quad. This train always has a P class which is later attached to the up log
train.
21.00 down Morwell freight. P-A or P-X combo. The small engine always leads
as they return on the paper train.
22.00 up Morwell freight with the engines off the earlier paper train.
There is also the up and down log trains, but not sure of their times. They
often cross around this area, With Tuesday night seeing them cross outside
my window. The down had two T's, while the up had three T's.
There is also a conditional train from Morwell. A light engine runs down in
the Morning and returns either around 12.00 or 15.00.
There is also a conditional mini Pioneer train to Westall, passing on the
down around 10.30 and returning on the up around 13.00. Usually a X or A
class.
Generally the Pioneer and down paper trains are good time keepers, while the
rest can often be many hours late. I have seen the up Morwell freight around
04.00 some mornings, or the up log train around this time.

Hope this is of interest to some.

Michael"

ARnm4.47$X%5.3897@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:ARnm4.47$X%5.3897@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...