Re: [NSW] EIS on CD-ROM for Parramatta - Chatswood Railway

I picked up my copy of the CD-ROM from the Rail Access Corp at
55 Market Street in the city - that was at 0930 on 02/02.  I don't know
about the hard copy as I wasn't intending to haul it around.

Natalie was very helpful (as she had been on a previous visit).  The
RAC also has great inspection hours; 0800 to 1800 Mon-Fri.  If you
have technical questions I suspect the RAC is also the place to go.
During my first visit A RAC staff member had a general chat about
some aspects of the line and also enquired as to my interest in the EIS.

To anyone who collected a hard copy, did you get more than is
provided on the CD-ROM?.  That is:
1.    The EIS Summary
2.    The EIS volume 1
3.    The EIS volume 2
4.    The EIS volume 3
5.    The EIS Working Papers volume 1
5.    The EIS Working Papers volume 2

One very interesting aspect of the working papers (and it rates a
brief mention in the EIS volume 1) is another four links that may be
made to the PRL in due course.  At least two of them were covered
in the 2010 Transport document.  The links are:

1.    Parramatta - Hoxton Park: diverges from the PRL just west of
        Parramatta (peels to the south as you head west).

2.    Parramatta - Homebush: diverges from the PRL just west of
        Rosehill/Camellia (peels to the east as you turn from east to
        north heading towards Carlingford).  Such a link would require
        a 2nd set of platforms at Rosehill/Camellia below the PRL
        platforms and on an east/west orientation.

3.   Epping - Castle Hill: diverges from the PRL between Epping and
        Carlingford (peels to the north/west as you head west).

4.    The Warringah railway: diverges from the PRL just north of the
        North Shore/PRL junction (underground).

Chris

nETl4.5186$VJ1.8657@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:nETl4.5186$VJ1.8657@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...