Re: G7 up to 160 km/h

Bill McNiven wrote:

> 1    Does "G7" mean the Outer Suburban Tangara set with that number?

Yes.  It is the one with the AC traction motors.

> 2    Doesn't look like XPT speed ... more like 36/38 class speeds

Speed, not running times.  I can't even be sure that top speed will be
attained.  I would have thought they may limit it to 130 km/h, as they did a
similar trial recently with a V set at 130 km/h.  Interestingly, for the 38
class sectional times, what stops were made?

> 3    And why is it happening?  Technical curiosity?  G sets to replace V
> sets?  New train design?

Yes.  :-)

--
David Johnson