Re: alt.binaries.rail.australia idea. any support?

David McLoughlin (davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> Michael Kurkowski wrote:
> >
> > Sorry Rex, no support from me. With the WWW available to practically
> > everyone, posting binaries to newsgroups is obsolete.

> Newsgroups are much easier places to find pictures like this,

No they're not. Binaries are only active for a matter of hours, or a few
days at most. On a web page, the pictures stay there as long as the
webmaster lets them.

> I can't be bothered looking for train pictures on web pages but I
> rummage through the rail binary groups all the time.

You'd have to maintain almost constant monitoring of binaries newsgroups
in case you missed anything. It doesn't matter if you miss a web page for
a couple of days.

Cheers
David