Re: [QR] 2000 Class Railcars

thalytgv@my-deja.com wrote in message <8782il$fcp$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>I heard of ICE have problems with platform heights on North Coast
>service(As well as Gold coast rail service).

Yeah - I heard that too.

>QR really don't know what to do with them don't they?

Why not have them exclusively on the Nambour/Gympie lines exclusively, after
raising the platforms to accommodate them of course. A bit of refurbishment
would be in order though, they are over-appointed for these sorts of runs.

>How about replace Bundaberg tilt train with ICEs? so passengers don't
>have to fed up with a 5am departure time.

That would not be a bad option - keep the Rockhampton services on the
current timetable, but use the extra time for servicing (without spare cars
they are going to need all the servicing they can get).

Dave