Re: alt.binaries.rail.australia idea. any support?

Rex Manning wrote in message <875oj9$cr7$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>ok i'll write the CFD this weekend. it will be posted in alt.config

Just out of interest, do you have any experience in writing *R*FD's (they
are Request's For Discussions, to be pedantic)?

As someone who frequents alt.config, I can assure you that you will have a
hell of a time getting another alt.binaries.* group through. Jay Denebeim or
any of the other self-appointed netcops will issue the rmgroup just as soon
as you issue the newgroup control message.

You will also have to provide a justification for the group - not just the
numeric justification that is applied to all proposed new newsgroups, but
also a justification as to why any pics cannot be placed on a website (even
a free one like Xoom or Geocities) and posting the URL for it.

As there is no valid reason as to why this cannot be done, and plenty of
valid reasons as to why it should be done, I can see the alt.config cabal
coming down extremely heavily on the proposal.

Basically, it will not get up.

Dave