Re: come to the north west.... its heaps better... lol.... (was countrylink+sydney or somthin)

some how i dont think that pass will just quite get him that far out of the
city but you could always try
andrew
Brendan <nadnerb_2000@NOSPAM.com.au> wrote in message
01bf6b1e$96d38a20$c34265cb@nadnerb2000">news:01bf6b1e$96d38a20$c34265cb@nadnerb2000...
> umm he did say on a purple rail pass
> but i do agree, the north west is pretty good
>
> Brendan
>
> Al Barrett <ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au> wrote in article
> <389187c6@news.hunterlink.net.au>...
> > Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Good Evening All,
> > snip.
> >
> > Now for the big question. Armed with a purple travelpass, what is one to
> do
> > > in Sydney for 10 days, as far as gunzelling goes? Heading out of the
> city
> > > is not too much of a bother for me, as I will be heading out to
> Newcastle,
> > > Lithgow and Wollongong at some point. This bearing in mind that I am
> > mainly
> > > interested in freights, anything with a 48, 422, or any similar locos
> > > leading (actually, anything other than 81's, 82's).
> > >
> > G'day.
> > well.... if you would like to see 48's in action.... come to the north
> west!
> > Grain trains ex Walgett, Merrywinebone, Weemelah and North Star and all
> > places in between are 2x 48's. and usually 40 trucks (on account of the
> unit
> > truck rakes[the little black numbers stamped into the side of the trucks
> > GT11 or SH1 etc.])
> > the bigger (81/82) engines are added at Narrabri West or Moree
Stockyards