come to the north west.... its heaps better... lol.... (was countrylink+sydney or somthin)

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
> Good Evening All,
snip.

Now for the big question. Armed with a purple travelpass, what is one to do
> in Sydney for 10 days, as far as gunzelling goes? Heading out of the city
> is not too much of a bother for me, as I will be heading out to Newcastle,
> Lithgow and Wollongong at some point. This bearing in mind that I am
mainly
> interested in freights, anything with a 48, 422, or any similar locos
> leading (actually, anything other than 81's, 82's).

G'day.
well.... if you would like to see 48's in action.... come to the north west!
Grain trains ex Walgett, Merrywinebone, Weemelah and North Star and all
places in between are 2x 48's. and usually 40 trucks (on account of the unit
truck rakes[the little black numbers stamped into the side of the trucks
GT11 or SH1 etc.])
the bigger (81/82) engines are added at Narrabri West or Moree Stockyards
for the trip south.
80 class are also common (usually being at 8027 and/or 8003)

so.... when you step off your Melb-Syd XPT step back on 23a (Moree Xplorer)
and you'll be in alco country....lol

tip.... don't try and chase trains on weekends in the narrabri area. there
aren't any. (usually)

.....and don't waste too many days chasing trains up there... you havn't got
many.

....... don't drain the water tank at burren (jnct) .... read the
inscription on the tank .... the local train crews don't like "gipsy
feral....." (I am tellin ya to take plenty of water with ya anyway)

..... and... rent a car. its quicker than walkin

bye

e-mail me (anyone) if ya wanna know more.

FIG JAM..... just ask me.... I'll tell ya...lol

AL.

> --
> Michael Kurkowski
> Email: mk@netstra.com.au
> Website: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk
> ICQ: 1459118
> Telephone: 0416-044-124
>
> What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?.... just ask
me I'll tell ya... lol