Re: Concord West NSW

"Nobody" <dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> writes:

>I sense imminent trouble.

>The train that derailed was supposed to de-rust the track, but unfortunatly
>it needs more than that. It needs replacement. From my observations, a train
>going at 5 km/h on that line would be in for a rough ride. Sleepers and pins
>need to be replaced.

>As is the case with the up main after Epping. A speed limit has been there
>for quite a while (i havent been there for a month, is it still there?)

It's a 20 kph restriction over a turnout, hardly a major speed restriction.
And there was a 50 kph one further down the hill towards Eastwood which was
put there after some track stabilisation work about 6 months ago, but that's
gone now.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport