Re: Pendennis Castle

Hi

Sorry, until this I had no problems with Rio Tinto, I have even worked on design jobs for them in Sydney (their middle
management and employees are ok) with no problems. I read and watched their dispute with unions and environmentalists but kept
my opinions to myself (it didn't affect me) or so I though.

If it unfortunate that you or any other Ditcot supporter cannot reply with any valid rebutals to my statements. All you state
"that the locomotive should be returned to the UK", As I said before the locomotive is a one of a kind and  alot of
Australians will never get the chance to travel overseas to see things like this. The British have a  "aladins cave" of
historic items from Australia and other places gathering dust in their museums (for example the original constitution of
Australia). I cannot see cries in the UK that these should be returned or given as a "measure of goodwill".  Even if the
locomotive stayed in Australia, the balance would still weigh heavily in their favour.

regards

Chris