Re: Noisy W2 trams - was Official Launch of R1808

> I remember the spur gears, but I don't remember it being equipped with BTH
> motors.
> You are probably right, unfortunately 426 lives on as silent helical
geared tram at Whiteman Park here in Perth
> That tram was so noisy that a conductor had to wait until the driver had
cut
> off before being able to converse with passengers!
>I had a similar experience with 249 going home from work one night where
coupled with the noise there was a language problem with the Brunswick conny
and a little old lady wanting directions, neither of whom could 'speaka da
english too good'!

John, remember the day in 1978 we took 329 out as a farewell to  spur geared
Thomsons, someone lifted the hatch cover up going up Mt Alexander Rd-
boggle!

Regards

Noel M Forster