Re: V-Sets @ Sydney Terminal Concourse

There was a rumour that the train was being reversed by a shunter when
it crashed into the buffers..

There was some damage.  I'm not sure about scratches, but there were
some ppl down when they moved the set off the buffers doing something
to an air hose below the coupler using black duct tape and strips of
plastic.

And this did occur on Platform 1 - a CountryLink platform.  At least
five other Gunzels were around that day and I've already seen some
great pics floating around.  I'm sure someone will furnish a URL in due
course (mine haven't been developed yet and probably won't be scanned
anyway).

MrPC

In article <92c73j$prh$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:
> mmm.....it's not a usual thing to see everyday! Unless the driver had
> just graduated from ART? (no offence at all)
> Was there any such damage (or even a scratch?) to the front of V61?
>
> And also does anybody know who wrote "Dinga" at the end of platform 10
> or something?
> In a previous message on this ng. about Cab photos I overheard the
> Wyong V-SET driver tell the guard
> "I hope I don't rub Dinga in my face!"
>
> Finally, one correction, isn't Platform 1 a country/interstate
platform?

> Thanks for the notice
> Maikha "V" Ly
> http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
>
> P.S. Can anybody recognise the platform the V-SET is on in my picture?
> http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689/images
>
> (I.e. The one sitting next to the Tangara)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/