Re: Demise of upper quad. signals, Melb.

> Sssshhh!  I seem to remember seeing a newspaper clipping, ~10 years ago,
> about a semaphore on the Carlingford line (nice little trip that line!)
> being lit by a kerosene lamp).  Could be wrong.

Umm, before the Upfield line was killed of all Semaphores in 1997/1998
we had kerosene lit signals.

(Now we have LED lit semaphore signals in North Geelong)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news