Re: Genesee & Wyoming / Westrail sale

Fair enough, I am not bothered too much.

I do remember when the Bureau of Transport Economics
did a study on the two *BIG* states, NSW & Vic way back
in the eighties.  The combined losses of rail in both
were astronomical, millions per day.

It was Federal LABOR who decided to do something about
it and formed NRC with NSW & Vic participation.
Has it worked, .....well I leave that up to the reader.

I come from mostly Ireland and Wales stock some 150
plus years ago, so dont really give a toss whether our
colonial rail systems stick with mother country
operating practices which were based around passenger
trains and thomas the tank engine four wheel wagons,
along with the Brit jargon.

W.A. Webb an American who was the Commissioner of the
SAR showed well before WW2 what railways should really
be about, took a long time for the other states to wake
up, Commonwealth Railways and their predecessors
excepted.

....Tell