Re: Genesee & Wyoming / Westrail sale

Tell wrote:

> Thanks Mark.  Very interesting.
>
> Neither major political parties in Australia have any
> idea what rail is all about.
>
> So I guess it is up to private Oz and Yank interests to
> keep as much tonnage on rail as possible.
>
> ....Tell

G'day all,

Am I in the minority here, when I say that it's a great loss to our
Australian history to have our railways renamed railroads? (A personal
YUCK here).

As if the adoption of American-isms is not already rampant enough in our
society! Another classic naming problem is the increasing description of
Railway Stations as "Train Stations".

Seems to me our Australian historical identity is being sold out, or
undermined just as much, if not more than our infrastructure.

Sorry for the Christmas gripe. :-(

Cheers,
Chris. F.
--