Re: Anything good Port Kembla

Greetings all, the next steam operating days for the Illawarra Light Railway
Museum are Sunday 14th January 2001, and Sunday 28th January 2001(subject to
there being no total fire bans in force). Some of our smaller diesel locos
are used to haul passenger trains on an "as required" basis during Tuesdays
Thursdays and Saturdays during the NSW school holidays. Please note - our
volunteers are having Boxing Day off. On these diesel days our exhibits in
the shed are available for viewing. Picnic facilities are available on site.

This all-volunteer Museum has 4 operational steam locomotives, 6 operational
diesels and a Shay under construction (slowly) in the main compound area.
The museum is a short walk from Albion Park Rail Station. See our website at
http://www.gghome.com./ILRMS for  map on how to get there from the station
and for details of  some of our preserved locomotives.

Please include us in the list of things to see around Wollongong Please make
yourself known when you get there. Depending on what's happening and the
volunteers available, we MAY be able to tow some of our exhibits out for
photographic purposes. I can't guarantee this however as our shed can be
quite congested.

I'll be down there on December 28th.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. John Garaty, Sales Manager, ILRMS