Think twice

Two not real sensible things realting to rail overheard and read today:

1.  Intending passenger arrives in a hurry at a ticket window and anxiously asks
the staff member "I haven't missed the next train to Spencer Street have I"?
Der - there's always a next train.

2.  Notice advising passengers from Sydenham station about closure of carpark
due to construction of stabling siding (see other post), says in part "We
suggest that passengers who currently use the Melton side carpark arrive earlier
to obtain a car park at the Taylors Lakes carpark".  Maybe cars that arrive
earlier take up less space so we can fit the same number of cars into a reduced
number of spaces?