Re: NRC scrapping wagons.

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
<Bee06.1572$Le6.44939@news0.optus.net.au>:

>> That stinks of the "increase the competition between the operators" that
>> the various Governments have been pushing for the last <insert number
>> here> years.

>Or maybe the Government is trying to promote the local rollingstock
>construction industry. Although ATN has knocked that one on the head by
>importing.

David! You seem way too optimistic as far as rail projects go.

Lets see...

VFT - Scrapped.
Speedrail - Scrapped.
Bairnsdale reopening - Doubtful.
Ararat reopening - Doubtful.
Darwin - They can't even work out when to turn the first sod. Not to
mention all the hours of work to go into it yet once the first sod has been
turned.

I think it's a fair indication that our current elected representatives up
there in Hot Air capital, and Spring Street for that matter, are clearly
not interested in rail.

I'm also dead against the import of rollingstock when we have a perfect
rollingstock industry aching for some more work back home in Australia.

"Charity begins at home".

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME