Re: Anything good Port Kembla

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 91kh0g$5kp$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:91kh0g$5kp$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> To all (Particularly locals in Port Kembla)
>
> I'm interested in visiting Port Kembla one day and by any chance does
> anyone out there know of anything that might interest a railway
> enthusiast there?
> viewing spots? Watching heavy locomotives pass? The Coal mine itself??

Lots of interest.
Inner Harbour has FC, FA and ATN grain trains and FC coal trains.
Outer Harbour has FA log trains.
Port Kembla North yard for NRC trains.
Cringila station bridge is a good spot for viewing BHP and mainline trains.
There is more than one coal mine down here but there are two loading points
served by rail. There is the Elouera loader at Wongawilli which is west of
Dapto and there is the Kemira loader which is along Stones Rd from Mount
Kembla.
Types of locos around at the moment are:
FC            81,82, occasionally 86, 48 (not as common as they used to be).
NRC        NR, DL
FA            EL, sometimes T, no G or X for a while.
ATN         L, 830, B
BHP          BHP locos, 442 and 45 from Austrac, currently 2 x 442 from
Silverton.
3801 Ltd    49
--
Regards,