Re: What to do in Sydney?

In article <3A40B622.E54040EA@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> hagiss@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > Where are some interesting places to go for a 16/17yo (I have my
b'day
> > while down there) guy with a strong interest in rail (incl. light
> > rail).
>
> Happy Birthday when you get here!

Thank You

> > Is the Loftus tram museum worth a look at?
>
> Yes.  It is a little pricey, but worth it at least once.
>
> > When is it open?
>
> Wednesdays and Sundays.
>
> > Things to do in Woolongong/Illawarra Coast?
>
> Photograph BHP trains or maybe even the ATN train!  There are usually
plenty
> of coal trains running too.
>
> > I'm staying at Mosman: No trains :( If I want to get to a train
station
> > should I catch a bus over the Bridge into Wynyard  or to North
Sydney?

> Go to http://www.sydneyferries.nsw.gov.au/ to see all your options.
I would
> recommend a ferry ride on the world's greatest harbour.
>
> > Any suggestions for things to do are much appreciated.
>
> What are your main rail interests?

Mainly Passenger rail (esp. Rolling Stock. We've got only a couple of
classes up here in Brisbane whereas Sydney is much better endowed...
probably not the best word to use though!)

WIll definitely make a trip up to Maitland.

I'm getting the Daylight XPT down and have a seat in one of the
compartments. I'm travelling alone so I guess I'll have two strangers
next to me. When I get to Sydney I have to change to a North Sydney
train. From a safety side is it better to get off at Hornsby and get a
suburban train to Nth Sydney or change at Syd. Terminal for a quick
trip over the Harbour Bridge?

Thanks very much for the very quick replies everyone!

Cheers,
Michael

> --
> David Johnson