Re: V/Line Pass Fires the Boss!

> In comparison, Hoyts haven't done much at all. The frequency of their
> services have not increased since they got the contract and they have
> not developed their existing services to the same degree as WCR. Both
> have increased patronage on their respective lines from the government
> run services days.

I though that was <Hoys>??

Hoyts=movie company?

WCR owns all of their rolling stocks, Hoys hire rolling stocks from
VLP. They asked for upgrade Seymour-Sherpparton line to cater 115kph
running but did not get approval. Hoys reckons rolling stock
ownership+differential color scheme would cost too much, that's why
they didn't prchase rolling stocks nor change color.

But from what I see Hoys simply run the service and that's it. They
didn't do as much as WCR did to encourage more travellers.

> >One hopes that they keep their franchise in the next round.

WCR kept the franchie for another few years, <<<I think>>>> Hoys also.
But I would prefer WCR won Hoys's train operation.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com