(Melb) Daniel Bowen's letter in 'The Age'

On Tuesday the 19th of December Daniel Bowen had a letter published in
'The Age' newspaper. I'm wondering if the editor altered Daniel's
original text, as the wording wasn't quite as radical as Daniel's post
on the same subject in this NG (unfortunately). For those who missed
it, here is the transcript;

Silent night indeed, thanks to trains

In the middle of Christmas shopping, the city shops seemed pretty
quiet this weekend.
Why would this be? Well, our train companies continuing to run short,
crowded trains on weekends could be a reason.
Why should people have to stand on the train at weekends?

DANIEL BOWEN, Glen Huntly