[VIC] R711 transfer to Ballarat

I photographed R711's transfer run to Ballarat tonight (18/12). The
consist was R711 - T369 - T413 - WAL951 - JTA1 - BK714. It passed Melton
at 1942, and it passed the site of Rowsley station at 2008.

Seeing R711 and the two T's working up the Ingliston Bank was a really
good way to end the year of mainline steam. Congratulations to WCR for
designing a steam locomotive that not only looks and sounds good, but it
is economical to operate on a regular basis (as far as steam goes).
Without WCR and R711, many people wouldn't be able to see steam on a
regular long distance passenger service.

Here is an image capture from my MiniDV video:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/r711_t369_t413_rowsley.jpg

Note: This image is copyright and must not be used for anything other
than personal non-profit use without my permission.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au