Trouble in the mountains today?

Driving out of Faulconbridge to Linden around 1430 today (Sat 16/12) ,
noticed there was a train on the up track - and it wasn't moving. As I got
closer, I noticed there were about 200 people on the side of the Great
Western Highway, with Highway Patrol motorcycle police directing traffic
into the right hand lane (away from the pedestrians).

The only thing I can think of is a derailment. If the train had failed
otherwise, they could just send ina  loco to drag it out (unless it was a
bogie failure).

Anyone know what happened?

Dave