Re: No speedrail, Badgerys creek or Kurnell

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
70BZ5.77717$IP1.2619477@news1.giganews.com">news:70BZ5.77717$IP1.2619477@news1.giganews.com...
> "david" <david@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
> 3A36D88F.4E6E8D0C@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au">news:3A36D88F.4E6E8D0C@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au...
>
> > ps wasn't the project  privetly funded to a extent that they wanted the
> > extra funds from the government - and that was what they rejected ?
>
> It was going to be privately funded, but with tax concessions from the
> government. This would not have involved any outlay by the government,
> merely a non-receipt of some taxation revenues.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the reports the last few days have said that
the Feds were actually required to front up with a $bill and that is what they
baulked at.