Re: No speedrail, Badgerys creek or Kurnell

"david" <david@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
3A36D88F.4E6E8D0C@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au">news:3A36D88F.4E6E8D0C@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au...

> ps wasn't the project  privetly funded to a extent that they wanted the
> extra funds from the government - and that was what they rejected ?

It was going to be privately funded, but with tax concessions from the
government. This would not have involved any outlay by the government,
merely a non-receipt of some taxation revenues.

The government does not like this form of subsidy, although I cannot see
why. If the project does not go ahead, they will not obtain this taxation
revenue anyway, so they are not losing anything by agreeing to it. And the
concessions would only last for a certain period anyway.

Dave