Re: Another study 'will scuttle fast train'

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:20:21 +1100, "Tezza"
<tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>3a356883.5778901@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a356883.5778901@can-news.tpg.com.au...
>
>> My bet is that Badgerys creek wont be built.
>> Speedrail wont happen and about all that will happen is a minor
>> upgrading of Bankstown Airport to accept regional passenger services.
>> There may be a token improvement into the public transport access to
>> Bankstown.
>

>I'm sure that the secret contract that the Libs will sign for the (fire)sale
>of Sydney Airport to their mates has a clause that another airport can't be
>built.

One would think that any potential buyer of Mascot would want some
assurances that the Govt isnt going to introduce an alternative form
of transport as in a 2nd airport or even a hi speed train which would
reduce passengers thru the Airport.
Whats the bet that after mascot is sold , the whole VFT idea will be
resurrected with even more nauseous feasability studies , EIS studies
which will take another 20 years of delay after which it will be
scrapped again.
The govt motto of the days seems to be when in doubt ,DO NOTHING.
Seems to work though.

Exactly what is the oppositions policy on VFTs. AP to darwin , Hi
speed freight from Melb to Brisbane etc.
You dont seem to hear vary much at all from the opposition Transport
minister.
Who is the opposition transport minister?

MD

MD