Re: Westrail Sale to ARG

> Its a consortium known as the Australian Railroad Group who are
> Wesfarmers WA & Genessee & Wyoming (The owner of ASR)

I think the above may answer your question Maurie - WESFARMERS. One of the
conditions was that the head office be in W.A and to reduce the opposition
from parts of the farming community what could be better  than an
orginisation with it's head office in Perth, already involved in transport
(road) to the farming community,  a trusted name as far as regional W.A is
concerend and link it with a world wide railway operator G&W. The paroachial
keep it in W.A lobby is shut down and any arguments about rail experience is
also silenced - politically well done!
Whats 18M when all is said and done, with an election next year the farmers
are going to be crying poor as it is with the reduced harvest, one less
complaint will be good for the Libs.

Brian.