Re: Simulator

Check Vern's Rail Sim Pages ... http://www.vernsrailpages.org.uk/

Ones to look out for are ...

Microsoft Train Simulator
http://www.microsoft.com/games/trainsim
-----------------------------
Due for release in Mid 2001 ... Amtrak Acela on the Washington to Boston
run, 'Flying Scotsman' on the Settle & Carlisle Line, a Japanese DMU run, a
double-headed BNSF Dash-9 hauled freight ... and more.

Auran Trainz
http://www.auran.com/koolthingz/trainz
-----------------------------
Auran, a Brisbane based company, are working on a project currently that
will simulate a whole railroad ranging from Building the Route, Maintaining
your fleet of locos, Shunting yards, Train Despatching, Driving Trains etc.
The initial release will feature a selection of diesel-electric locomotives
from around the world that were built in the period of 1960-1980. A couple
of Aussie favourites will be featured too ... Alco DL500, DL531, and
eventually the Clyde/GM 2100s.

Trainmaster 4
http://www.trainmaster.com/
-----------------------------
Can't say much about this one. There isn't a demo of TM4 released yet, but
it has gone retail for a mind numbing price. Unfortunately you will need a
fairly hefty system to run it, eg. AMD Athlon 800, Geforce2 Ultra, 128MB RAM
= 30 frames per second = urrrgghh :-p

I am currently stuffing around with Rail3D Development Release
(http://www.rail3d.ic24.net). It can be a pain in the neck sometimes because
it has a nasty habit of crashing when enabling the sound or trying to do a
complicated shunting manueveur. Oh yeah, don't try to download the D72
release of it ... because it has just expired. Wait for the next release in
a week or two.

Hope this helps,

ICQ: 51909829