Re: [SA] Renmark

Unfortunately Garry, when the lines were there the
"farmers" preferred road, yet they were very vocal when
line closures took place, of course it did not matter
they did not use them in SAR days as well as when ANR
came along.
SA politicians watched for years as the losses kept
mounting and thats why they sold the SAR to the Feds.

Take it from somebody who has been around for a long
time.  The railways in SA like elsewhere were in real
trouble after WW2 from road competition.

Even WA Webb knew that BEFORE the war.!  As matter of
fact some of those lines should NEVER have been built
in the first place.

Question to all crowies, do you seriously believe that
the SAR would still be running dinky loss making trains
on the broad gauge branch lines.?

Easy to say now that the lines should still be there.

....Tell