Re: Adelaide Hills tonnage limit reduced

Perhaps the US railroads have no real alternatives.?
Some of them have some really tough terrain to
traverse, with no viable alternative.

They sure can move general freight tonnage the likes of
which we will never see over here.  BUT, ..fuel, motive
power and rolling stock are a whole lot cheaper over
there, not too mention the population base.

US rail like Oz does have competition from the
truckies, proportionately, it is as bad there as it is
over here.

....Tell