Re: Wodonga Rail could this be the endof an era?

Yep, thats "progress".  Not many places left in Oz
where rail has NOT been or about to be decimated.

Saw the Deputy PM Anderson in Question Time on ABC TV
t'other night, he was answering an end of year "Dorothy
Dixer" about what the Commonwealth has done for
transport.  Lots a dollars on roads, and a measly few
tax payer dollars for the Alice to Darwin line.
He mentioned ARTC and how it would assume "control" of
mainline tracks.! (begs the question about NSW).
Government policy is,  private enterprise would run the
trains and the commonwealth would own and look after
the tracks.  Hmmmmm.

He did mention that the sale of National Rail Corp was
"well under way" with the approval of the other two
shareholders, NSW & Vic.

....Tell