Re: Adelaide Hills tonnage limit reduced

----------
In article <a9l92ts59c1ha91gjrevhq5jf8vggs1kaj@4ax.com>, Tell
<just@hate.spammers.com> wrote:

> Bypassing the Adelaide Hills as proposed by the now
> dead federally owned ANR/AN many years ago is the
> answer, but we have no pollies willing to do that.

I see, building many miles of track around the Adelaide hills is cheaper
than equipping wagons with couplers capable of a higher drawbar limit?
Standard issue couplers are available that can take 8,000 tons behind them,
the only limiting factor would be if the wagons could take that.

Remember, most Australian freight rollingstock (Iron Ore roads excepted) is
3rd rate.

Mark