Re: Today in history

I'd love to see the mix in architecture and construction techniques on
that bridge if that line is ever completed...

<brainless proposal>

If Sydney keeps expanding the way it has been, that line could one day
carry a passenger service to a new outer suburban residential area
around Appin/Wilton.  You could run a half hourly loop service using
dual voltage sets (assuming they stick with the planned 25kv AC on this
line) around the City Circle-East Hills-Maldon-Dombarton-Wollongong-
City Circle limited stops.  That just leaves the little matter of what
to do about the inevitable congestion around Coal Cliff/Clifton...

Then for all you westies out there, CityRail could extend the Drug
Links via Maldon&Dombarton and terminate them in the railmotor
platforms at Wollongong (or continue them up to Thirroul).  The
Wollongong area has always needed a better drug supply. :-)

</brainless proposal>

Does anyone know if the proposed Sutherland-Wollongong Realignment
would bypass or duplicate the Coal Cliff-Clifton tunnel?

MrPC
ICQ 58337073

In article <3a2db313@news1.idx.com.au>,
  "Frank Eden" <feden@zip.com.au> wrote:
> So who can we get to finish it?
>
> Half a bridge over the Nepean River near Maldon and a permanent way
> overgrown with trees....
>
> What a way to reduce the vehicular traffic between the Campbelltown
area and
> Wollongong!
>
> Franco

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/